In these days of soaring energy costs the benefit of installing double glazed units are considerable. Some 15% of a home's heating can be lost through windows, choosing the latest energy efficient double glazing can save over £250 a year. All our windows comply with the latest building regulations and comprise 32mm double glazed units with Pilkington K glass.
Pilkington K Glass™ forms the inner pane of the double glazed unit. The coating reflects heat back into the room whilst also letting in free heat from the sun known as passive solar gain. Pilkington K Glass™ helps windows to achieve high Window Energy Ratings to demonstrate compliance with energy saving Building Regulations Part L.
Pilkington K benefits
- Recognised by the Energy Saving Trust as a significantly effective measure for achieving energy efficiency hence savings on fuel bills.
- Ideal for conservatories - helps to keep an unheated conservatory comfortable for a greater part of the year than ordinary double glazing allowing you to make the most of your conservatory all year round.
- Helps to achieve high Window Energy Ratings when combined in a suitable framing system
- Easily helps to meet and exceed the requirements of Building Regulations concerning energy efficiency
- Can be toughened or laminated for safety and greater security.